ACT Test Prep
Practice tests may be downloaded below for the ACT. The answer key is in the back of each document. Once you've taken one or more subtests and identified which questions you've answered correctly, let's meet to identify what you need to do differently next time to choose the correct answer. Then you can take another practice subtest. To schedule a time to meet, send an email to email@example.com or text 303-598-3428.
Released actual tests. These are in the public domain across various websites and so are available here:
Officially released practice tests. The most recent practice tests are good, the older ones not as useful as the recent practice tests above (what's tested changes a little over time, the more recent the test, the better):
Basic Process for Increasing Your ACT and SAT Scores:
1) Take a practice test (don't worry about time)
2) Score it and work to understand every incorrect response and any answers guessed correctly: how would you approach the question differently next time? This is where I can help you the most.
3) Repeat steps 1 and 2 across multiple practice tests, adhering to time constraints
4) Identify specific strategies that work for you (order of readings for example)
5) Identify patterns specific to you to correct (not answering the question that is asked for example). I can help you with this too.
6) Pay attention to sleep and nutrition the day before and day of the test. Bring and eat snacks for the break. Pray: Ask God for help. Prayer and action are a powerful combination.
New ACT Writing Test
Most students do NOT need to take the ACT Writing Test (but do have to take the "Writing & Language" subtest, one of the four main subtests if the ACT). If you find that you do need to take the Writing test, I can help you prepare for that additional test. A sample prompt and link to a high scoring essay example are provided below. Respond to the prompt and send me what you've written or a link to what you've written and we can review your writing and identify specific things you can do to strengthen your writing.